Tuesday 27 October 2009

NASA's Ares I-X Launch Rescheduled for Wednesday

NASA's Ares I-X Launch Rescheduled for Wednesday


CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- NASA mission managers canceled Tuesday's scheduled launch of the Ares I-X flight test because of weather concerns at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Another launch attempt is targeted for Wednesday. A four-hour launch window opens at 8 a.m. EDT. The launch was delayed for 24 hours because of winds at the launch pad that exceeded the 20-knot limit and concerns about clouds with moisture that could have caused static build-up on the rocket and led to communication issues. Forecasters predict a 60 percent chance of favorable weather Wednesday. The Ares I-X is part of a larger flight test program that will provide data for future launch vehicles and give NASA an opportunity to test and prove hardware, facilities and ground operations.

For information about Ares I-X, visit:
http://www.nasa.gov/aresIX

No comments: